Microsoft PowerPoint – Reset Page Styles
There are two ways to work on a PowerPoint project, slide by slide or master page. Most users wil apply formatting slide by slide without thinking about it. However, like any page layout program, the moment you start applying local styles is the moment your project starts to go off track.
If you inherit a ppt with local styles, you can clear them all back to the master defaults.
- Launch the styles task bar.
- Switch it to the layout pane.
- In the slides organizer, select any slides you want to reset.
- Back to the Slide Layout pane. Apply the standard title and bullets layout to your selection.
- Again in the Slide Layout pane, Reset Layout to default.
Flip through your slide deck looking for odd items that really needed local formatting.
It is a wonderful fix to the problem of locally applied styles.